How to Erase All Media Content From Your Zune Player
What you do with your Zune is your business! But if you have to return it to Wal-Mart or if you are planning to sell it, don’t forget to erase all content from it!
You have two options for erasing all content from your Zune player. You can do it through the Zune software or you can directly erase the content of your Zune from the Zune controls.
Erase the content of your Zune with the Zune software
First, this tip will teach you how to erase all content from your Zune device with the use of your computer. Be careful! When erasing the hard-drive of the Zune, all audio, videos, and pictures that are stored on the Zune device will be gone and no rollback is possible.
To erase all content from your Zune device using the Zune software, carefully follow these few steps:
1. Start Zune Software on the computer.
2. Connect your Zune device by using the sync cable.
3. Give the Zune device time to synchronize or manually stop the synchronizing process. To stop, go to “Options menu”, select “Sync”, point to your device name, and click “Stop Sync”.
4. Go to “Options” menu, select “Sync”, point to your device name, and then click “Erase Zune Device”.
5. At this point you receive the following message: “Erasing your Zune device library will remove all songs, videos, and pictures. Are you sure you want to continue?”
6. Click OK.
7. Erasing may take several minutes. Do not move or disconnect your device. You receive the following message: Zune device library erased.
8. Click OK.
The only thing that will still be on your Zune hard-drive is the last selected background. This procedure will not remove it. This will be part of another Zune Tip
Erase the content of your Zune without the Zune software
This part will show you how to erase the content from a Zune device “without” using a computer
You can erase in one shoot the content from your Zune mp3 player without connecting your Zune to your computer or using the Zune software. If you don’t have access to a computer, this method can be very useful. But be careful, you will not get any warning or confirmation message from the Zune player. There is also no rollback possibility.
To erase the Zune player hard-drive, follow those easy steps:
1. Press and hold the Back button at the same time as you press the top of the Control Pad.
2. Immediately press and hold the Back button at the same time as you press the right side of the Control Pad and the OK button in the center of the Control Pad. Continue to hold these buttons until your Zune device restarts and you receive the following message:
“Clearing contents. Please wait.”
3. When the Home screen appears, the erase is complete, and you can again use the Zune device.